Gold, as a metal, does not have any other forms. There are different types of gold when it comes to the types of gold jewellery. Such as:
White Gold. It is type of gold jewellery with alloy of gold and at least white metal like silver or nickel with rhodium plating. The purity of white gold is measured in karats.
Rose Gold. It is a gold-copper alloy. In this type of jewellery, it is the copper alloy, which gives rose color to gold jewellery. karat is the unit of purity.
24 kt Gold. It is the purest form without any other alloys.
18 kt Gold. We use this purity of for the manufacturing of jewellery. The percentage of gold in 18 kt gold is 75%. The remaining 25% is other alloys in the ornament.
14 kt Gold.We use this purity of for the manufacturing of jewellery. The percentage of gold in 14 kt gold is about 58%. The remaining 42% is other alloys in the ornament.
What do we mix with gold in different karat jewellery?
A jewellery alloy is malleable, ductile base metal that is added to precious metal. It plays an important role, as it improves its corrosion resistance, flexibility, hardness, colour and elasticity. We use metals like zinc, copper and silver.
Read about: which karat jewellery is best for you?