3% GST ON JEWELRY IN INDIA | WHO PAYS GST

In today’s time, Customer get confuse about the taxes, they pay. People wander that why should they pay GST (Goods and Service tax) on their purchase of jewelry. Aren’t jewelers  pay  tax to government?

Government of any country, collect tax as their revenue. Citizens pay various kinds of direct and indirect taxes to government. Like Income tax, house tax are form of direct tax. Whereas tax like Sales tax, TDS and GST are forms of indirect tax. Therefore, customer pays GST for  a purchase of product and service.

The percentage of tax on buying gold or silver jewelry, varies from country to country. In India, GST on gold jewelry is 1.5% CGST (Central GST) and 1.5% SGST (State GST). In total it is 3%.

Also, check our products in gold and silver to order out of India.

Read about cleaning the jewelry with colgate powder.

 




Blog / by

Post Author: